Contractor electrocuted while working on Abbeville power lines; city shuts off electricity for an hour
Around 10:30 on Tuesday morning, power had to be shut off in the City of Abbeville to make repairs after a contractor was electrocuted while working on a live electrical line.
According to Abbeville Mayor Mark Piazza, the contractor is alive, but severely burned. The contractor’s name has not been released.
“He was airlifted to the burn center in Baton Rouge,” Piazza said. “He was talking to the police and firemen who responded before the ambulance transported him from the scene.”
The contractor works for Sol Power Lines.